Yesterday, a group comprising Parish Councillors, St Breward Stores & Post Office and some community members was set up to discuss how our community could be cared for during the on-going Covid-19 emergency, particularly ensuring that the elderly and vulnerable have access to the things they need.
1. The vulnerable: a list of individuals who may require assistance is being drawn up, whether for delivery of essential items, collection of essential medical prescriptions or anything else considered essential. If you know of someone, please contact Veronica Stansfield at email@example.com to ensure that the individual is added to the list.
2. Volunteers: anyone who would be willing to help out with practical assistance and meets the following criteria:
a) being fit & healthy b) have no underlying health conditions c) not sharing a household with someone showing symptoms, however mild, or currently isolating d) under 70 years of age
To add your name to the list of volunteers, please contact Veronica at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Home deliveries of supplies and food
- St Breward Stores are offering a home delivery order for orders over £10: payment by BACS or cash – if these are not possible, please speak to the stores. (Delivery times cannot be guaranteed.) To arrange a delivery, please call 01208 850260
- Nic’s Mobile Catering and the Old Inn & Restaurant are both offering a take-away food service. Nic’s Mobile catering: 07462 137100; The Old Inn & Restaurant: 01208 850711
- Brookside Surgery: currently believed not to be seeing patients but still dispensing prescriptions
- Dr Garrod’s surgery is by appointment only.
Repeat prescriptions can be ordered online or posted through the surgery door. If you are unable to collect your prescription, arrangements can be made to have your essential medications collected.
5. St Breward Community Bus: this service has been suspended for 3 months: this is in the interests of the community.
For up dates, please check the following:
- this website – www.stbreward.net
- Facebook – @stbrewardcommunity
- community emails – please contact Veronica Stansfield at email@example.com
St Breward is a strong community. We need to support each other and all local businesses. Lets get through this period together and support each other through this challenging time.
Denis & Christine Lusby, Darren Wills & Dale Stanley, Veronica Stansfield, Nigel Mitchell, Ted Raynham, Phil Nance, David Brattle