- A community pack. This will be made available to community groups across the county. It will help them to make sure residents, including the most vulnerable, have access to the right support. It contains information and advice on issues such as:
- council tax
- food provision
- help for those facing eviction
- how to access a COVID-19 test
- A business pack. This is aimed at any organisation that employs staff, including schools and charities. The pack provides general information on the support available to businesses. It also features guidance on what to do if one or more employees test positive for coronavirus.
- A self-isolation pack. This is aimed at reassuring residents that support is available throughout their period of home isolation. Including a £500 support grant for people on lower incomes.
This pack also reminds people:
- what self-isolation means
- why it is important
- how long it needs to be maintained depending on symptoms, household bubbles, NHS Test and Trace contact and test results
“We’ve been fortunate so far in Cornwall as we’ve seen relatively few COVID-19 cases compared to other areas of the country but we can’t afford to be complacent. With this in mind I would urge everyone to keep following public health guidance, however difficult this might be. We know it can be a struggle. These three packs will help community groups, businesses and residents access vital help and support provided by the council and its partners.”
“It is crucial that everyone plays their part in sticking to the rules and guidance so we can keep infection rates down and stay on top of the virus here in Cornwall.”